(Effective as of March 01, 2023)
Our mission is to equip individuals with skills for well-being and resilience during their formative, transitional higher-education journeys, and connection then through a peer-led community as an integrated academic experience. To help advance this mission, we provide the Products and services described below to you:
Help equip you with self-help and resilience skills:
Students from wide ranges of socio-economic and cultural conditions and backgrounds come together during one of the most transitional periods in life when embarking on a higher-education journey. Peeramid helps you understand various thinking styles and habits with their general impacts and empowers more goal-oriented solution thinking. Within each pre-recorded shortform video, after explaining the topic, our CEO shares her personal experiences to offer one way to reflect on the information and a safe platform to share your own styles, habits, and what goal-oriented solution you’ve found during reflection.
Provide a personalized experience for you:
Your experience on Peeramid is authentically yours on the time you choose: from the mini-lessons, peer reflections, mood-tracker and identifier, peer curated resources/tools, and other content you see in Peeramid Peer-Feed on our video platform- to the Peeramid Zone Groups you participate and other features you might use- such as search function. For example, we use data about the connections you make via your own posts and interaction on other peers’ posts, the choices and settings you select, and what you share and do on our Products – to personalize your experience.
Connect you with people and organizations you care about:
We help you find and connect with people and groups, appropriate university administrative offices or personnel only when absolutely necessary for your health and safety, and others that matter to you across the Peeramid Products you use. We use data to make suggestions for you and others – for example, Peer Zone Threads to join, mini-lessons to watch, and like-minded people with similar experiences you may want to speak closer with. Authentic and diverse connections make for better communities, and we believe our services are most useful when individuals are connected to people, groups, and organizations that have not only similar life experiences, but all experiences.
Empower you to express and self-advocate for yourself and be heard about what your experiences:
There are many ways to express yourself on Peeramid to communicate with like-minded peers about well-being experiences and collectively reflect on goal-oriented solutions which will empower you with self-help resilience skills – for example, sharing reflection videos and audios, across the Peeramid Products (consistent with your settings), sending messages or making voice or video calls to a friend or several people via live Peeramid Zone Events or creating events or groups, or adding content to your profile as well as showing you insights on how others engage with your content. We have also developed, and continue to explore, new ways for people to connect and grow their wellbeing skill sets amongst emerging solutions.
Promote the safety, security, and integrity of our services, combat harmful conduct and keep our community of users safe:
Use and develop advanced technologies to provide safe and functional services for everyone:
We use and develop advanced technologies – such as artificial intelligence and machine learning systems – so that people can use our Products safely regardless of physical ability or geographic location. For example, we also build sophisticated network and communication technology to help more people connect to the internet in areas with limited access for stress and anxiety holistic intervention skill building approaches. And we develop automated systems to improve our ability to detect and remove abusive and dangerous activity that may harm our community and the integrity of our Products.
Research ways to make our services better:
Provide consistent and seamless experiences across the Peeramid Company Products:
Our Products help you find and connect with people, groups, appropriate university administrative offices or personnel only when absolutely necessary for your health and safety, and others that have similar experiences and interests as you. We design our systems so that your experience is consistent and seamless across the different Peeramid Labs Company Products that you use.
We provide these services to you and others to help advance our mission. In exchange, we need you to make the following commitments:
1. Who can use Peeramid
When people stand behind their opinions and actions, our community is safer and more accountable. For this reason, you must:
- Provide for your account the same name that you use in everyday life.
- Provide accurate information about yourself.
- Create only one account (your own) and use it for personal purposes.
- Not share your password, give access to your Peeramid account to others, or transfer your account to anyone else (without our permission).
We try to make Peeramid broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Peeramid if:
- You are under 18 years old.
- You are a convicted sex offender.
- We’ve previously disabled your account for violations of our Terms or the Community Guidelines and Commitment Standards, or other terms and policies that apply to your use of Peeramid. If we disable your account for a violation of our Terms, the Community Guidelines and Commitment Standards, or other terms and policies, you agree not to create another account without our permission. Receiving permission to create a new account is provided at our sole discretion and does not mean or imply that the disciplinary action was wrong or without cause.
- You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.
2. What you can share and do on Peeramid Products
We want people to use Peeramid Products and Services to express themselves and to share stories and experiences that is authentic and important to them, but not at the expense of the safety and well-being of others or the integrity of our community. You therefore agree not to engage in the conduct described below (or to facilitate or support others in doing so):
Your permission to use the Site, Mobile-App, or other Products and Services are conditioned upon the following use, posting and conduct restrictions:
You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- That violates these Terms, the Community Standards, or other terms and policies that apply to your use of our Products,
- access the Service for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as permitted by the normal functionality of the Service,
- collect or harvest any personal data of any user of the Site or the Service
- use the Site or the Service for the solicitation of business in the course of trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise;
- distribute any part or parts of the Site or the Service without our explicit written permission (we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly-available searchable indices but retain the right to revoke this permission at any time on a general or specific basis);
- you may not sell, license, or purchase any data obtained from us or our services
- use the Service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
- attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
- use another user’s account;
- intentionally allow another user to access your account;
- you may not upload viruses or malicious code, use the services to send spam, or do anything else that could disable, overburden, interfere with, or impair the proper working, integrity, operation, or appearance of our services, systems, or Products;
- may not misuse any reporting, flagging, dispute, or appeals channel, such as by making fraudulent, duplicative, or groundless reports or appeals;
- provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account; including but not limited to:
- that you do not own or have the necessary rights to share; or
- that infringes or violates someone else’s rights, including their intellectual property rights (such as by infringing another’s copyright or trademark, or distributing or selling counterfeit or pirated goods), unless an exception or limitation applies under applicable law.
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service;
- make any automated use of the Site, the Service or the related systems, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
- bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service, or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data;
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of content, or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content accessible via the Service;
- publish or link to malicious content of any sort, including that intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer; or
- anything that is unlawful, misleading, discriminatory or fraudulent (or assists someone else in using our Products in such a way).
We can remove or restrict access to content that is in violation of these provisions. We can also suspend or disable your account for conduct that violates these provisions, as provided in Section 3.
If we remove content that you have shared in violation of the Community Standards, we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request another review, unless you seriously or repeatedly violate these Terms or if doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons. For information on account suspension or termination, see Section 3 below.
To help support our community, we encourage you to report content or conduct that you believe violates your rights (including intellectual property rights) or our terms and policies, if this feature exists in your jurisdiction.
ONLINE CONTENT DISCLAIMER
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by the Site, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Site or the Service nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by other parties. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends via the Service. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Service, or transmitted to users.
We also can remove or restrict access to content features, services, or information if we determine that doing so is reasonably necessary to avoid or mitigate misuse of our services or adverse legal or regulatory impacts to Peeramid.
3. The permissions you give us
We need certain permissions from you to provide our services:
- Permission to use content you create and share: Some content that you share or upload, such as photos or videos, may be protected by intellectual property laws.
You retain ownership of the intellectual property rights (things like copyright or trademarks) in any such content that you create and share on Peeramid mobile-app and other Peeramid Company Products you use. Nothing in these Terms takes away the rights you have to your own content. You are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want.
However, to provide our services we need you to give us some legal permissions (known as a “license”) to use this content. This is solely for the purposes of providing and improving our Products and services as described in Section 1 above.
Specifically, when you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights on or in connection with our Products, you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, and worldwide license to host, use, modify, run, copy, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This means, for example, that if you share a comment on Peeramid, you give us permission to store, copy, and share it with others (again, consistent with your settings) such as Peeramid Products or service providers that support those products and services. This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems. Again, since our mobile-application is HIPAA/FERPA compliant, we do not publish or share any identifiable information from our mobile-application unless you have specifically provided permission, all other use with be for purposes otherwise describe in the above sections.
You can delete individual content you share, post, and upload at any time. In addition, all content posted to your personal account will be deleted if you delete your account. Learn more about how to delete your account. Account deletion does not automatically delete content that you post as an admin of a page.
It may take up to 90 days to delete content after we begin the account deletion process or receive a content deletion request. If you send content to trash, the deletion process will automatically begin in 30 days unless you choose to delete the content sooner. While the deletion process for such content is being undertaken, the content is no longer visible to other users. After the content is deleted, it may take us up to another 90 days to remove it from backups and disaster recovery systems.
Content will not be deleted within 90 days of the account deletion or content deletion process beginning in the following situations:
- where your content has been used by others in accordance with this license and they have not deleted it (in which case this license will continue to apply until that content is deleted);
- where deletion within 90 days is not possible due to technical limitations of our systems, in which case, we will complete the deletion as soon as technically feasible; or
- where immediate deletion would restrict our ability to:
- investigate or identify illegal activity or violations of our terms and policies (for example, to identify or investigate misuse of our Products or systems);
- protect the safety, integrity, and security of our Products, systems, services, our employees, and users, and to defend ourselves;
- comply with legal obligations for the preservation of evidence, including data Peeramid Companies providing financial products and services preserve to comply with any record keeping obligations required by law; or
- comply with a request of a judicial or administrative authority, law enforcement or a government agency;
- in which case, the content will be retained for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it has been retained (the exact duration will vary on a case-by-case basis).
In each of the above cases, this license will continue until the content has been fully deleted.
- Permission to update software you use or download: If you download or use our software, you give us permission to download and install updates to the software where available.
4. Limits on using our intellectual property
If you use content covered by intellectual property rights that we have and make available in our Products (for example, images, designs, videos, or sounds we provide that you add to features on Peeramid), we retain all rights to that content (but not yours). You can only use our copyrights or trademarks (or any similar marks) as expressly permitted by our brand usage guidelines or with our prior written permission. You must obtain our written permission (or permission under an open source license) to modify, translate, create derivative works of, decompile, or reverse engineer our products or their components, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless an exception or limitation applies under applicable law.
COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS AND COPYRIGHT AGENT
(a) Termination of Repeat Infringer Accounts. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and requires that the users do the same. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(i) of the United States Copyright Act, we have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of the Service who are repeat infringers. We may terminate access for participants or users who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected third party content without necessary rights and permissions.
(b) DMCA Take-Down Notices. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Service infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C 512) (“DMCA”) by sending the following information in writing to the our designated copyright agent at Peeramid Labs Inc.:
1. The date of your notification;
2. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
3. A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
4. A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work;
5. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address;
6. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
7. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(c) Counter-Notices. If you believe that your User Content that has been removed from the Site is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our copyright agent using the contact information set forth above:
1. Your physical or electronic signature;
2. A description of the content that has been removed and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed;
3. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
4. Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Delaware and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by our copyright agent, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing such person that it may reinstate the removed content in ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may (in our sole discretion) be reinstated on the Site in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice.
EMAIL MAY NOT BE USED TO PROVIDE NOTICE
Communications made through the Service’s email and messaging system will not constitute legal notice to the Site, the Service, or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where legal notice is required by contract or any law or regulation.
USER CONSENT TO RECEIVE COMMUNICATIONS IN ELECTRONIC FORM
We may also use your email address to send you other messages, including information about the Site or the Service and special offers. You may opt out of such email by changing your account settings, using the “Unsubscribe” link in the message, or by sending an email to email@example.com for customer support.
Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding the Site, the Service or special offers.
3. Additional provisions and general terms
1. Updating our Terms
We hope that you will continue using our Products, but if you do not agree to our updated Terms and no longer want to be a part of the Peeramid community, you can delete your account at any time.
2. Account suspension or termination
We want Peeramid to be a place where people feel welcome and safe to express themselves and share their thoughts and ideas.
If we determine, in our discretion, that you have clearly, seriously or repeatedly breached our Terms or Policies, including in particular the Community Standards, we may suspend or permanently disable your access to Peeramid Company Products, and we may permanently disable or delete your account. We may also disable or delete your account if you repeatedly infringe other people’s intellectual property rights or where we are required to do so for legal reasons.
We may disable or delete your account if after registration your account is not confirmed, your account is unused and remains inactive for an extended period of time, or if we detect someone may have used it without your permission and we are unable to confirm your ownership of the account.
Where we take such action we’ll let you know and explain any options you have to request a review, unless doing so may expose us or others to legal liability; harm our community of users; compromise or interfere with the integrity or operation of any of our services, systems or Products; where we are restricted due to technical limitations; or where we are prohibited from doing so for legal reasons.
If you delete or we disable or delete your account, these Terms shall terminate as an agreement between you and us, but the following provisions will remain in place: 2, 3.2-3.5.
3. Limits on liability
We work hard to provide the best Products we can and to specify clear guidelines for everyone who uses them. Our Products, however, are provided “as is,” and we make no guarantees that they always will be safe, secure, or error-free, or that they will function without disruptions, delays, or imperfections.
To the extent permitted by law, we also DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES;
RELEASE TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITE, THE SERVICE, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM: (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (C) THE SERVICE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH USE OR WITH ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, a restaurant or a merchant of a product or service that you review using the Service, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
If you are a California resident using the Service, you may specifically waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. We do not control or direct what people and others do or say, and we are not responsible for their actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or any content they share (including offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful, and other objectionable content).
We cannot predict when issues might arise with our Products. Accordingly, our liability shall be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and under no circumstance will we be liable to you for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms or the Peeramid Products (however caused and on any theory of liability, including negligence), even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
We try to provide clear rules so that we can limit or hopefully avoid disputes between you and us. If a dispute does arise, however, it’s useful to know up front where it can be resolved and what laws will apply.
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with the Company must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
You and Peeramid each agree that any claim, cause of action, or dispute between us that arises out of or relates to these Terms or your access or use of the Peeramid Products shall be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts for the purpose of litigating any such claim, and that the laws of the State of Delaware will govern these Terms and any claim, cause of action, or dispute without regard to conflict of law provisions. Without prejudice to the foregoing, you agree that, in its sole discretion, Peeramid may bring any claim, cause of action, or dispute we have against you in any competent court in the country in which you reside that has jurisdiction over the claim.
- If any portion of these Terms is found to be unenforceable, the unenforceable portion will be deemed amended to the minimum extent necessary to make it enforceable, and if it can’t be made enforceable, then it will be severed and the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect. If we fail to enforce any of these Terms, it will not be considered a waiver. Any amendment to or waiver of these Terms must be made in writing and signed by us.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under these Terms to anyone else without our consent.
- These Terms do not confer any third-party beneficiary rights. All of our rights and obligations under these Terms are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- We may need to change the username for your account in certain circumstances (for example, if someone else claims the username and it appears unrelated to the name you use in everyday life).
- We always appreciate your feedback and other suggestions about our products and services. But we may use feedback and other suggestions without any restriction or obligation to compensate you, and we are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- Community Standards: These guidelines outline our standards regarding the content you post to Peeramid and your activity on Peeramid and other Peeramid Labs Products;
- Peeramid Platform Policy: These terms apply to the use of the set of APIs, SDKs, tools, plugins, code, technology, content, and services that enables others to develop functionality, or provide data to us;
- Peeramid Brand Resources: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to use of Peeramid trademarks, logos, and screenshots.
- Recommendations Guidelines: The Peeramid Recommendations Guidelines outline our standards for recommending and not recommending content.